Monday 6 August 2012

term 3 reflections and plans for EOY exam

  In this term, we studied about the convex lens, colors of light and also plants and human reproductions . The topics were pretty interesting and fun, although they gave me a headache as we had to memorize a lot of words such as placenta or uterus. We also had a new teacher too: Mr Tan Kok Chong, who in my opinion, is a much better teacher than our previous teacher, Mr Yap. He explained the topics really detailed and simply, and answered our questions with simple yet complete explanations. He also gave us a lot of activities to do such as nature trail and drawing comics about STI, which added to the joy of science lesson.


  This term 3 science test was a test that showed my complacency and why I should always be humble and hardworking at all times. The test was pretty okay, without many questions that were out of syllabus, like last term's. However, during the test, I became to complacent and therefore ruined my MCQ section, getting 27 out of 38. I could have gotten so much better: all the mistakes were careless mistakes that if I read the questions carefully, I could have easily scored a mark. I was really regretful and embarrassed how I could get these easy questions wrong. Mr Tan also told us that since 7 marks were absent due to question error, he decided to give us a mini test, which would be out of 7 marks, and the score would be added to the paper scores to give the final scores of the term test. This was my only hope of getting A1. I had to get full marks. Since I was very desperate,  I went home immediately and started to study and read the notes once again, this time not missing out anything. 

  The mini test was mainly about physics, involving long-sightedness and short-sightness. The questions were fairly easy, hence this was my opportunity. After reading the questions carefully, I could apply my knowledge about convex and diverging lens to get all the questions correct, scoring 7 out of 7. I was really happy, and also let out a sigh of relief since I really barely passed A1.


  This experience told me some valuable lessons that I would apply in my EOY test in term 4. Never ever be complacent and always have a proper mindset. Read the questions carefully and don't miss out necessary details. Since term 4 is the most important test of the year, which contributes to what class I would be assigned to, I had to do well for the science test. I really want to go into Science and Math special program me and term 4 was the only chance of me getting into it. I decided to study hard and really get a grade that I would never regret. All the experiences and lessons I learnt from the tests in term 1,2  and 3, I would be utilizing in term 4. I trust myself that I can accomplish a satisfying A1, as I can if I make my mind. So let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment